Kings County Distillery was founded in 2010 and is based in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. In 2010 it was the smallest distillery in the country with five, 25-liter stills. In 2012 they moved to the Brooklyn Navy Yard where they are located today. Focused almost exclusively on whisky, they make Bourbon, Peated Bourbon, Empire Rye, and other creative whiskeys. You can rest assured that any whiskey with the Kings County name on it has been mashed, fermented, distilled, and aged on-site in Brooklyn.
Batch 3 of head blender Ryan Ciuchta’s “blended Bourbon”. The blend consists of the following whiskeys.
- 45.2% is 2YR Straight Bourbon from 53 gallon barrels
- 23.8% is 3-4YR Straight Bourbon from 53 gallon barrels
- 23.5% is 3YR Straight Corn Whiskey from 10 gallon casks
- 4.7% is 2YR Straight Rye from 53 gallon barrels
- 1.5% is 4YR Straight Bourbon from 10 gallon barrels
- 1.3% is 3YR Whiskey from Malt Mash from 15 gallon barrels
Holly’s Tasting Notes: Sweet nuts, citrus, and just a totally crushable “bourbon”!
- Bottle Size750
- DistilleryKings County
- StyleBlended Bourbon
- RegionEast Coast
- Country of OriginUSA
- Cask StrengthNo
- Cask TypeNew Charred American Oak