Out of stock
Ki One Unicorn Edition is the second whisky released from the Three Societies Distillery in Namyangju, South Korea. The world’s only Korean single malt whisky, this is the second release of the Ki One Society Collection, an extremely limited set of three whiskies comprised of a run of spirits distilled on July 7, 2020. Named for the animals which symbolize the guardians of the Three Societies Distillery, these expressions illustrate how the unique seasonal climate of Korea affects maturation while providing a taste of what the future holds for Korean single malt.
Distilled 07/07/2020 || Bottled 09/03/2021 — The Tiger represents the Korean distillery team members who have made this historical release a reality
- Barley is sourced from Scotland and England
- Minimum 100-hour fermentation in stainless steel
- Twice distilled in a Forsyths copper pot still
- A non-age statement, aged 13 months in new American oak barrels
- Non-chill filtered; bottled at a cask strength of 56.2% ABV
- Limited US release of only 216 bottles
- Namyangju’s climate accelerates aging roughly 2.5–4 times that of Scotland
Brand Tasting Notes: Ripe mango, toasted cinnamon, and grilled persimmon on the nose; a round and luscious palate with generous confectionary flavors reminiscent of peach cobbler, crème brûlée, and clove-studded orange peel; on the finish, brioche and kaya (coconut and pandan jam) with a hint of white oak and malt wine.
Holly’s Tasting Notes: Oranges and other citrus, nougat, and dashes of white and milk chocolate followed by some oak and apple pie spice. The palate is extremely warming with chai spices, warm apple cider, and vanilla. ** Thank you to Brittany & Sean from Georgia for letting me have a taste of their bottle!
- Bottle Size200
- DistilleryThree Societies
- StyleSingle Malt Whisky
- RegionNew World
- No. of Bottles1506
- Year Bottled2021
- Country of OriginKorea
- Cask StrengthYes
- Cask TypeAmerican Oak