This episode has a dash of a psychology lesson. Holly thinks everything she tastes is Craigellachie and Charles thinks everything is New World Whisky. The lesson learned: blind tasting does not necessarily get easier! Our minds get in the way! In this episode, you’ll watch Holly basically fall apart in her blind tasting while we discuss our upcoming trips to Scotland. Our distillery feature is Kilchoman as Holly prepares for her trip to Islay in two weeks. Did you know Kilchoman and the Wills family are building a rum distillery in Barbados too? That family is so cool. And then, it’s a bit of old news but we discuss the Penelope buy-out with MGP. It makes sense for both parties and how impressive after just 5 years. Congrats, Penelope! We’re lucky we got all of our single casks when we did and wow were they delicious.
Please leave us a review wherever you are listening as well. We appreciate you! Cheers!
New Bottles to the shop:
- JP Trodden Wheated Bourbon
- Doc Swinson’s Blenders Cut Cask Strength Bourbon
- Doc Swinson’s Bourbon Sherry & Cognac Finish
- Claxton’s — BenRiach, Glen Elgin, Orkney, Bunnahabhain, Dalmunach, Croftengea, Tamnavulin, Grain Barn 30YR
- James Eadie — Glen Spey, Jura, Benrinnes
- Lost Lantern — Balcones, Del Bac, Vatted Malt
- Found North Canadian Whiskey Batch 6 & 5
- Raising Glasses – Port Dundas Innocence (Bourbon), Port Dundas Opulence (Sherry), RUM: 15YR Foursquare, 8YR Trinidad, 9YR Guyana
Our Podcast Name: It’s Whiskey #FFS (For F****’s Sake!) #FirstFillSpirits @firstfillspirits www.firstfillspirits.com
Podcast Music: Isaac Joel, Goldenseal